When should you book a coronavirus test for your child?
For information and guidance from the government about when you should book a coronavirus test for you child, please follow this link:
When should I book a coronavirus test for my child?
What should I do if my child tests positive for Covid-19?
If your child receives a positive test result, we require you to inform us as soon as possible so that we may contact others in the same class. Please email school on:
informing us of the positive test result for your child.
We would also ask parents to call the school main number and report test results either to reception or on the school answer phone. We will need to know the following:
- Date of the positive result
- Name of your child
- The teacher’s name and the year group and
- If appropriate any advice provided to you by test and trace
Where can I find more information, including frequently asked questions?
Leicestershire County Council has produced a website with detailed information regarding children being in school during the pandemic, including frequently asked questions from the parent and carer forum.
Please follow this link to find out more:
Coronavirus - school information
Our plans for the phased reopening of school.
Hall Orchard CE Primary has remained open during the period of ‘lockdown’ to vulnerable pupils and the children of Key Workers. We are pleased to report that this has been successful with no cases of the virus for pupils or staff attending.
We have been carrying out risk assessments and developing Safer Systems of Working within the guidance laid down by the Government. Central to our planning has been to ensure that safety comes first.
To achieve this, we have set plans on the following basis:
- We encourage appropriate social distancing at all times, where possible.
- Avoiding contact with anyone with symptoms.
- Frequent hand cleaning and good respiratory hygiene practices.
- Regular cleaning of settings.
- Minimising contact and mixing.
- Minimising resources being used.
- Staggered start and finish times.
For information about school opening for the Autumn term in August 2020, please see the attached files below.